Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Geo Fencing Coming To Autel In Conflict Regions

To ensure that Autel Robotics products and services are not used in violent conflicts, no-fly zones have been established for sensitive areas, including: all of Palestine, all of Israel, all of Russia, all of Ukraine, all of Myanmar,Taiwan, Aruna Char Region, Kashmir Region.
Why is Australia a no-fly zone? Does Autel know something the rest of us don't know?

I do not think Autel will implement geo fencing as long as there is inventory to sell left. That is one of their selling points, however I do the see the possibility that it will be required later if the FAA decides in the future it will be necessary just like RID, but I do not see that happening for atleast a couple of more years and by then all of consumer Autel drones by then will not supported by Autel and will become "legacy" items. Just like the Autel Xstar and Autel Evo 1. I have both 2 old Autel 1 evo drones, one still brand new and a Evo LIte Plus and the last firmware update for the Evo 1 was almost 3 years ago. I am starting to think that the old legacy drones like the evo 1 and Xstar will be more valuable as time goes on because of the fact they do not have the ability to have geo fencing on them since atleast with the Evo 1 you can fly the drone without a phone .
Geo fencing has already been implemented

Why is Australia a no-fly zone? Does Autel know something the rest of us don't know?
No, Autel just lies about their geofencing, just like DJI did initially, in telling everyone GEO was optional, so that you could turn it off if you didn't want it, until you couldn't anymore, when the toggle was removed!

Autel's mandatory geofencing is now at their whim. Apparently, in their infinite wisdom, they decided to make it compulsory in Australia. Australia's criminal ancestry of 162,000 transported British prisoners between 1788 and 1868 must have Autel worried. 20% of the Australian population today are descended from people originally transported as convicts! "Be verry afraid!" LOL!

I do not think Autel will implement geo fencing as long as there is inventory to sell left. That is one of their selling points, however I do the see the possibility that it will be required later if the FAA decides in the future it will be necessary just like RID, but I do not see that happening for atleast a couple of more years and by then all of consumer Autel drones by then will not supported by Autel and will become "legacy" items. Just like the Autel Xstar and Autel Evo 1. I have both 2 old Autel 1 evo drones, one still brand new and a Evo LIte Plus and the last firmware update for the Evo 1 was almost 3 years ago. I am starting to think that the old legacy drones like the evo 1 and Xstar will be more valuable as time goes on because of the fact they do not have the ability to have geo fencing on them since atleast with the Evo 1 you can fly the drone without a phone .
They already have implemented geofencing

Cost me thousands of dollars in travel money to demonstrate their Evo Max N at an international crocodile conference only to fail in the field. I guess attendees learned what dron not to use! Customer service offered me discounts on future purchases of Autel equipment. Why would I purchase any more equipment from Autel?

No, Autel just lies about their geofencing, just like DJI did initially, in telling everyone GEO was optional, so that you could turn it off if you didn't want it, until you couldn't anymore, when the toggle was removed!

Autel's mandatory geofencing is now at their whim. Apparently, in their infinite wisdom, they decided to make it compulsory in Australia. Australia's criminal ancestry of 162,000 transported British prisoners between 1788 and 1868 must have Autel worried. 20% of the Australian population today are descended from people originally transported as convicts! "Be verry afraid!" LOL!
At least DJI has a process to unlock geofencing and responds in minutes to customer requests or issues. Autel was 2 days past the time of my planned use! Total failure of support and customer service

I was at the Texas Robotics Summit in March with 400+ in attendance and one of the common topics discussed was the poor service and customer support from Autel drones. It’s really a shame since Autel seemed to be really moving up in popularity especially in the conservation field where I work mostly. Their response to issues is no response, late response or shallow discounts in upgraded or new equipment. Why would I buy new equipment or recommend anyone to buy Autel drones?

Unless Australia has law prohibiting drone flight, it shouldn't be. Is that where you are now?
I was there to demonstrate the drone to crocodile biologists from around the world. It wouldn’t fly or connect with satellites anywhere I went. Had to cut my trip short because of the failure to perform

I was there to demonstrate the drone to crocodile biologists from around the world. It wouldn’t fly or connect with satellites anywhere I went. Had to cut my trip short because of the failure to perform
That is so weird. I can't imagine why it couldn't connect to satellites unless they don't use the kind that work in Australia.
Okay, this got me curious so I looked it up. Autel uses the GNSS (Glonass) and GPS satellite systems for use where those satellites cover, like the USA. Australia uses something different so my guess is the drones sold for use in AU are configured to use a different system that wouldn't work in the USA. That makes sense. It's not Autel's fault your USA drone would not access Australia's GRAS satellite system.

This took me all of 5 minutes to work out. I'm sure you could have done it in half the time.

Reactions: Madhungarian

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonhenkelman