Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Dual controller support (daisy chaining\coach mode)

SycamoreGroves

Reaction score
Does the Max 4T support any kind of daisy chaining or handoff capability between operators (i.e., having one operator transfer control to a second operator with their own RC, midflight)? It's possible in the Evo 2 via a "coaching" mode which allows pairing two RCs (a coach and a student) with shared control.

The latest firmware for the 4T introduced a wired relay option. This allows you to connect to a 2nd controller with a special RJ45 connector and either use it as a master or slave. In slave mode, it will daisy chain the connection wirelessly from the master controller, allowing you to place the second controller in a different location to increase transmission range.

The latest firmware for the 4T introduced a wired relay option. This allows you to connect to a 2nd controller with a special RJ45 connector and either use it as a master or slave. In slave mode, it will daisy chain the connection wirelessly from the master controller, allowing you to place the second controller in a different location to increase transmission range.
Neat, thanks for the heads up.

Any ideas on control handoff between distant operators? Pairing dual RCs sounds like the only option and I’m wondering if it’s feasible to implement.

I don't believe I've heard of anything like that for the 4T. One controller can operate, the other can only view.

I don't believe I've heard of anything like that for the 4T. One controller can operate, the other can only view.
Any idea if the slave/master roles can be switched midflight? I’m not looking for simultaneous control - just the ability to hand it over.
Thanks again.

Any idea if the slave/master roles can be switched midflight? I’m not looking for simultaneous control - just the ability to hand it over.
Thanks again
Unfortunately I don't know any details about that. I wouldn't be surprised if that feature is added eventually. It's close right now, or at least it appears to be. The controllers have to be set as master/slave before the flight. But I haven't done this myself so perhaps it may be possible. I have only read what others have said. I hope you can do it!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GLOBODRONE